 Space / 31735
31734  |  31736
Subject:
I know what you mean!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 06:51:42 GMT

Hey Dirk,

Very nice model, and I know exactly what you mean about slender pylons and
heavy nacelles.  The Classic Trek movie Enterprise has always been my
favorite iteration of the ship.  I dearly wish I still had my South Bend
electronic Enterprise toy that was reconfigurable.  Remember that one?
Check out this link if you don't, awesome toy, and very hard to find:

http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/SouthBend/

Anyway, I once got it into my head to try a Lego version of the ship and I
actually got as far as the nacelles, which came out really well (even had
the blinking anti-collision light at the rear top!) until I realized that
there was no way (minus epoxy) that the darn things weren't going droop from
the weight.  Someday though, someone's gonna figure it out, and we will all
be picking our collective jaws up off the floor.

Here's hoping!

Dave

If you want to build a "true" starship with
Warp drive, you need to go a lot bigger and decent size engines for • something
that big would be to heavy to put on nice, slender pylons.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not gonna try it any time soon.

Dirk