 Space / 31700
    Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction. —Mark Sandlin
   (...) Jon Palmer and I were looking at your ship last night. It's very well done. We don't get a lot of Star Trek themed ships posted to .space, I think because the ST spaceships you see on TV are generally very large. Well done! -Grand Admiral (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction. —Steve Hickman
     Very well done indeed. You seem to have brought a distinct Steamrunner class look to the P-38 contest. Warp engines are notoriously hard to build convincing LEGO versions of, but yours are incredible. I also like the manner in which the cockpit (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction. —Dirk van Zuilen
     (...) Thanks Steve, Now you mention it, it is a bit Steamrunnery. I wasn't aware of that when I was building it. The Warp engines were fun to figure out, it took about 10 days before I came up with the final design. I started out with a simple studs (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: The NPX-3801. A P-38 Lightning Space Contest entry and introduction. —Dirk van Zuilen
   (...) Thank you for the welcome. You're quite right in your observation about the size of Star Trek ships. Most minifig scale builders (myself included) stay well under the 100 studs mark. For ST that's a big shuttle. If you want to build a "true" (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        I know what you mean! —David Simmons
   Hey Dirk, Very nice model, and I know exactly what you mean about slender pylons and heavy nacelles. The Classic Trek movie Enterprise has always been my favorite iteration of the ship. I dearly wish I still had my South Bend electronic Enterprise (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

        Re: I know what you mean! —Dirk van Zuilen
   (...) Hello Dave, (...) Enterprise is still a fantastic vessel. About the electronic Enterprise. I must admit that I came pretty late to the whole Sci-Fi scene, only one of the disadvantages of living in The Netherlands. There really is no big (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

        Re: I know what you mean! —Paul Baulch
   (...) Hi Dirk and Dave, If you're interested in a cool Enterprise model, I can heartily recommend Bandai's Enterprise model: (URL) They're right about the colour scheme, it is more subtle than in the photos. Their Enterprise-E is good too, although (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: I know what you mean! —Dirk van Zuilen
   (...) Hello Paul, Nice model, no paint or glue would save a lot of time in constructing the ship. But I really want to thank you for the link to the shop. They've got some nice stuff in there. I know someone who could be quite interrested in several (...) (20 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)