 Space / 3168
RE: Thanks for dialing Ask-a-Judge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:26:30 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:
Personally, I thought this was a perfect example of a
Sour-grapes-trying-not-to-sound-like-sour-grapes opinion.

Not very successful in that respect either.

All 4 category winners where CAD designs.????
Doesn't bode well for non-CAD builders who do not have 'virtually'
unlimited pieces or access to CAD (Mac users like me).  Guess
that's because Mookie (CAD/castle fan, if its the same Mookie I'm
thinking of, was a judge),  maybe not.

I'd also like to point out that many CAD builders (like myself) build just
about everything they CAD in real life first.  Maybe we sometimes take
liberties with colors (and of course with background scenery), but the model
has still been built with actual pieces.  People who have never used a CAD
program may not know that it is much MORE difficult (IMO) to build something
creative in a CAD program without building IRL first.  Furthermore, the
bigger something gets in a CAD program, the harder and slower it gets to
edit, so the "unlimited supply of pieces" is not a very good argument
against CAD entries.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu