 Space / 31306
Re: The MIFFLIN A.N.T.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:50:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Riley wrote:
   For further viewing of the A.N.T. demonstration, please visit the A.N.T. Brickshelf Gallery.

This has got to be one of the best small stud-less crafts I have seen. Great job! I love the cockpit and you can never go wrong with a white-dark red color scheme! Is there anything rear of the cockpit besides SNOT work?

Nathan Wells
http://www.lugnet.com/~1850/

Thanks! This is my first studless ship; I guess its success comes from lurking in this group for about a year or two now. I’d name influences, but I’m really bad with names. I’ve even been known to forget my own.

The cockpit design was in my mind for a long time; since October or November or so. The engines were done back then, too. The cockpit was a challenge; the first versions of it were fragile; as soon as I tried to attach it to the fuselage, it would fall apart. I wised up when I returned to it in January and just continued the SNOT of the cockpit into the fuselage. I had no intention of it being studless: the SNOT of the cockpit pretty much dictated it to its current form.

I managed to sneak in a little Technic functionality in there, too. The 2x2 plate with octagonal bracing in the rear:

is used to wind the tow line in. Building that into the 1 brick wide frame was fun. I wish I could fit in some additional gearing, though: it takes quite a bit of time to wind in the tow line.

All in all, a fun build. Glad you liked it. John