 Space / 31232
31231  |  31233
Subject:
The MIFFLIN A.N.T.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:30:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The MIFFLIN Alliance has developed a small craft for assisting large space-faring vessels in tight manuevers. Principly employed in ports, a few of these can also be used in cleaning up wreckage from collisions, especially if a vessel’s propulsion system is offline.

The MIFFLIN Alliance has dubbed this craft the Assisted Navigation Tug, or A.N.T. Like its namesake, this craft has a lot of strength for its size, and a cooperative team of A.N.T.s can be used to move even the largest of capital ships. The dome cockpit allows the pilot to have almost unlimited view of the surroundings, vital for precision manuevers. A communications array lies underneath the fuselage. The tug line uses magnetic coupling to ensure secure grappling.

For further viewing of the A.N.T. demonstration, please visit the A.N.T. Brickshelf Gallery.

A big thanks to Adm. Giddens for use of his surveillance camera. The vessel being towed in the images is Adm. Giddens’ P.C.S. Vanguard. It must be noted that the Vanguard is fully operational; this was purely a demonstration of the A.N.T. In all likelihood, the Vanguard will likely require a team of four A.N.T.s for full assistance.

MIFFLIN Prime Merchant John Riley

(Mercantile Interstellar Fleet of Freighters, Liners, and Intergalactic Navigators)