 Space / 31281
Re: The MIFFLIN A.N.T.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:19:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Riley wrote:
   The MIFFLIN Alliance has developed a small craft for assisting large space-faring vessels in tight manuevers. Principly employed in ports, a few of these can also be used in cleaning up wreckage from collisions, especially if a vessel’s propulsion system is offline.

Hey, John, thats really cool! I’ve always liked small craft and this one is nifty. The cockpit works well here- a bubbly version of those old Blacktron II pods. The body is great, too- smooth, sleek, and simple. The part use is well thought out- I like the engine pods, with those Alpha Team cowlings and the red cylinders. Now if only you could get rid of that distracting rising line of slopes as seen here...

-JHK

Thanks. I’ve confined myself to small craft, probably because I’m confined to a small apartment :) That, and they’re very swooshable (although this one doesn’t have quite the swoosh factor of a fighter. It’s a plowhorse compared to a lot of the racehorses you see on .space)

I honestly enjoyed building the cockpit; it was my first attempt at compact studless SNOT building, and took a lot of reworks. I’m surprised on how sturdy it became; the ship stayed intact after two trips in the car. The engines are really just truncated versions of the large guns on the RGS wings. They’re sorta PCS style engines, like on Giddens’ SLAM.

The ridge on top of the ship (the line of slopes) is serving one function: hiding the fact that I ran out of 1x1 white bricks. They’re all blue under there. I could (and probably should) lower that line by replacing the slopes with a 1x8 tile.

All in all, I liked building it, and trying to come up with an insect name for it (a friend mentioned it looked bug-eyed). Now I just need to build a ship for it to pull...

Back to viewing PDX pics.

John