 Space / 31026
Re: Nanosaucers! (January seed part MOC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:10:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   Very nifty. Very Fifties! The flames are an especially nice touch. And they use TK’s favorite piece(1)! Neato.

Thanks Larry,

Nothing says ‘swoosh’ quite like flames coming out of an MOC. If only the 5-stud pieces were as plentiful as the flames.

   Hmm.. I wonder if this trick of clamping flags inside dish pieces has any other applications (other than greebling)? How sturdy is the construction?

I’m sure there must be other applications. I just can’t think of any at the moment. The construction is actually quite sturdy. The flags fit snugly around the 5-stud brick in 2 dimensions, but they tend to fall off in the other dimension. The clamping action of the two 3x3 dishes keeps them from fallimg off as well as preventing lateral movement by holding the clip ends in. The gap between the dishes is one unit (ie. half a tile thick, ie. 1/16th”), which makes this thing possible while limiting other applications. By all means, try this one at home folks. (the exploded view is here.)

   1 - That was a given, by the way but it bears repeating.

Repeat when necessary.

   Also by the way, my supersecret 3CS creation uses 2 of these parts but I think you’ll be hard pressed to find them.

Indeed. we might be a little less hard pressed if it weren’t so supersecret.

Peace and 4733s for all,

Professor Whateverly