 Space / 31067
Re: Nanosaucers! (January seed part MOC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:30:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
   Professor,
What is the piece count of one of these? You may have maxed out the coolness:piece ratio.
James Wilson
Dallas, TX

Well James, it all depends on whether you use Peeron’s method of classifying the small lever and lever base as two distinct parts, or TLC’s method of counting them as one when they calculate the piece count in a set. (compare the Peeron inventory with a set’s advertised part count and you’ll see what I mean.(1))

So, that’s 8 (or 11) for the build plus 1 for the flame (which, I believe, adds proportionally more coolness than say a 2 x 4 brick) and you get 9 (or 12)

See also the Pith Infiltrator for a 12 (or 15) piece MOC. (Lugnet thread here)

Can’t you just hear the chalk hitting the blackboard now?

Peace and details,

Professor Whateverly

- click to see the saucer MOC page, for more sauce(r)y commentary.

(1) I suggest counting one of the Star Wars Minis, rather than the UCS ISD ;-)