 Space / 3066
Re: Lamenting over Builders' (Lego?) Block
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:30:16 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote in message ...

BTW - I've been looking into using up some of my storehouse of trans orange
corridor walls - so hopefully the Idea Granter will be merciful.

*LOL* The first thing that came to my mind was, "Hey - Tim's that guy with
all the trans orange corridor walls!" and I was about to reply suggesting
that you try and incorporate them all into a creation of some kind - but of
course you kind of beat me to the punch...

Really, though, I find that that has been my best source of inspiration -
grabbing about a dozen or so of a large, interesting piece and trying to
come up with a model that best makes use of them. My most recent spacecraft
came about in this way - a sizeable vessel that uses eight of the large
trans-blue Explorien dome pieces.

Another method that I like is to take a small number of pieces and construct
something in micro/nano-fig scale, and then make a minfig version. It seems
to work well because building in microfig scale is quite different to
minifig, and so takes the designs in different and more original directions
than would otherwise have done.

Anyway, HTH a bit. I find it's helped me far too much - these days I feel
like I'm brimming over with construction ideas, but I simply can't seem to
devote enough time to Lego! I blame Blizzard Software and their infernal
Diablo 2.... ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164