 Space / 30218
Re: Materializing (delurking) Seed part MOC etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:07:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
SNIP
Welcome aboard!

the 'sweeper':  nice simple use of pieces & great whimsey factor- the
skull-ification in the other posts is funny too.  cool. By 'dirty' messages,
does that mean a 5-stud piece creation cleans up 4-letter words  ;) ?

Thank you. 'Cleans up' can be interpreted (and programmed) by the end user. As
you can see, it's already been repurposed by evil forces: to what end we can
only speculate...

SNIP

The Eternal flame tears me up when it should cheer me up.  This should be a
'memorial' moonbase module AS IS-simple, somber, & sweeping (emotionally).  what
is the bowl?  Lego piece or other?

Jeff

As for the eternal flame, it allowed me to put my feelings into something
concrete (um, okay ABS) to share with the community. It still chokes me up too.
Thank you for your suggestion. I hope that all who wish to, may build their own,
or make their own version. It would warm my heart to know that the flame could
appear in other FOL's homes. Simple is often best, though I'm into greebles as
much as the next guy or gal.

What is this 'other' of which you speak? The bowl is the 6 x 6 x 3 Dome with
Hinge (part 30083) with the hinge side away from the camera. I used the white
version that came in the Scorpion Palace (set 7418) as it seemed appropriate
colour-wise, but the Transparent black ones (set 7312 T3 Trike) would also do
(or even trans-blue; all themes are spare parts for one's chosen theme(s) after
all.) Did I mention it's extremely precarious? For permanent display, I'd
consider glue, if just for the flames.

Thanks again Jeff

Best to all,

Ley