 Space / 28374
  G .02

Hello again guys and gals, I see I'm not the only one trying their hand at mech. (URL) Mine based off the Gla Gla Armature.> Pre-moderation goodness: (15 URLs) I'd be pleased to hear any comments or criticisms you may have. Thanks! (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: G .02

(...) Is there anything that armature can't accomodate? Very organic with the use of all those long slopes.....the scoopes as biceps is just da bomb. Now, let's talk about getting this guy a sensible haircut. :) Excellent stuff Phil. Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

(...) Are you saying this is your first mech? Yoiks! Very, very good. I looove the smooth studless look, especially in white, and with some clever snottery you've nailed it first go. And you can't go wrong with Gla Gla's armature for perfect (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

(...) very clean-looking mecha, mr. painter. going for the studless look, eh? fantastic color scheme. the gray accented by blue looks sharp. rounded bricks also add to the clean look of the model. i also dig the weapons and the "pony tail". one (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

(...) Very cool. I like the swept-back forearm sections a lot, and also the black "ponytail". I don't really like the faceless look, though - I think it lacks character/personality. Great design overall though. Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

Thanks for the comments, guys. I agree, the head could use some work. I do like the "personless" look, but it still could be better. And as far as the mobility of the model, it does maintain all of the flexibility of the Armature. Unfortunately the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

(...) Phil.. this thing rocks! I love the pony tail! I love the white face. Perhaps it may need work, but I don't know how to make it better - i love how impersonal it is. It reminds me of Kendo masks - but like a futuristic version.. maybe you (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

(...) Just for future reference, I find a small piece of paper in the ball joint stiffens them up nicely vis (URL) this pic> (you can see the poorly trimmed paper where the kneck joins the body). I tried (URL) Tony Knaak's> method (whatever happened (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

(...) very clean-looking mecha, mr. painter. going for the studless look, eh? fantastic color scheme. the gray accented by blue looks sharp. rounded bricks also add to the clean look of the model. i also dig the weapons and the "pony tail". one (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: G .02

Nicely done, Phil! Now on to the critique: Things I love: The colorscheme-it just works. As much as I'm not a fan of blue, it just works. Tried and true and you can't go wrong. The sleek design-best example I've seen of de-armaturing the armature if (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)