 Space / 2819
Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:08:33 GMT

Thanks for all the responses. That was the info I was looking for. It's hard
to tell which type of visor figures have from the Lugnet scans. Good to know
when the modern ones started.

I haved to disagree with the force fields theory, though.

   If you've noticed, Smiley faces are smooth attached to a round head - a
shape best suited for pressuritation. With no weakening dents for eyes, nose,
and mouth, it can easily maintain life-sustaining pressure - even in space.
   The helmets are used to keep the Lego cork on top of their heads from
poping out. "The cork" is a subject most personal to the little people, so
they tend to cover it as much as possible with plastic wigs, hats, etc.
   The new helmets were invented as better protection, since the old ones
tended to slide off at inopertune moments - resulting in little plastic pieces
being scattered about. The new visors (originally limo-window black) were used
to conceal the figures' ever growing need to express themselves with something
more than a Mona Lisa smile.