 Space / 2916
Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:50:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.space, Aaron West writes: •   It was more of a
psychological comfort to the wearers of these space helmets to know an actual
object was keeping the smile from being sucked of their smiling yellow faces.
:)

Heh.. actually it was your imagination that kept them from being sucked out
like Arnold's eyeballs in "Total Recall".

Who said we kept them from being sucked out?  I have at least one eyeball-less
minifig head in my collection..."Event Horizon," anyone?

best

Lindsay

I have many a faceless or partial faced space guy.  Often this is because they
take their helmets off or try to go around without their air packs, or
occasionally, one of them found an alien body of water whose chlorine
concentration was too high to protect them even with the imaginary force field.
The best protection does seem to be the blacktron style opaque visor, but this
often causes them to crash their ships.  Honestly, my space troops have changed
heads so many times, it is hard for me to know exactly why some of them lost
their faces. :)

-Alfred