 Space / 28178
28177  |  28179
Subject:
Newbie information? (was Re: Kicking the Brick with: Paul Hartzog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:02:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney wrote: -snip-
   Where does a newbie go to get an orientation on the LEGO community as a whole?

Bricks Magazine, perhaps?

(Or are we supposed never to mention that again?1)

Adieu

Richie Dulin

1
   Okay, yes: This post does seem like a troll. But think about it, Bricks Magazine was hailed as a great contribution to the community, created by two of its most high profile members (and yes, there were two of them credited with it) and endorsed by some of its other high profile members, and then it goes under - apparently - not that they’ve been particularly forthcoming with news, and one of the foundation editors renounces his ties with the organisation.

Now, Tim Courtney might have left Bricksmedia because he was unhappy with the way it was being run... but he won’t tell us!. We’re to take it (I guess, and on his assurance) that he is blameless, and that we should ignore his involvement with the apparently failed enterprise.

But, hey, I’m not out of pocket, so I guess it shouldn’t concern me. But surely, it concerns a few people out there... weren’t there hundred’s of charter subscribers after all? Do they not mind losing their money?

And yes: I accept that my views are the views of one cynical antipodean. I do not claim to speak on anyone’s behalf, other than my own. I just can’t understand why so few people seem care - or - on the other hand, why people are happy to simply forgive and forget (or simply “sweep it under the carpet”).

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique

   Misérable
Building a safer South Pacifique