 Space / 2813
  Info req on Vintage space helmets

Dear AFOL's, I have several vintage space helmets (they have straight sides, not curved like modern helmets). Does anyone know when these were used? (~1977-~1983?) Also some seem to have the dimples for a visor, but none of my modern visors work. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

(...) They were standard until 1987 (classic space, castle and town) in a variety of colors. The dimples were for the castle knights old helm visors (very pricey nowadays). To my knowledge the dimples were not used for any other purpose. The old (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

(...) They were used up until the introduction of the Futuron and Blacktron space sets in 1987, which were the sets that introduced the modern-style helmets. They were also used in town and castle sets, as knight's helmets and motorcycle helmets. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

(...) Duh. I meant (URL) you probably figured that out. :^) -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

(...) Those helmets lasted the better part of ten years in production. They came in Red, White, Regular Grey, Blue, Black, Yellow, IIRC. (...) Helmet visors for space were added in Blacktron I and later themes. The Minifig Castle Theme always had (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

Thanks for all the responses. That was the info I was looking for. It's hard to tell which type of visor figures have from the Lugnet scans. Good to know when the modern ones started. I haved to disagree with the force fields theory, though. If (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

(...) I don't know of any other colours, either. (...) But the Blacktron-I helmets were new-style (curved, angled) and used the modern visor. At least, all of mine do! (...) Who said we kept them from being sucked out? I have at least one (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Info req on Vintage space helmets

(...) It was more of a (...) I have many a faceless or partial faced space guy. Often this is because they take their helmets off or try to go around without their air packs, or occasionally, one of them found an alien body of water whose chlorine (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)