 Space / 28079
28078  |  28080
Subject:
I'M thinking we should ditch the veritcal corridor idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:51:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Maddison wrote:
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
Bummer, considering I just thought up the word "moonway", but the train
track idea has sorta taken this over.  As buried below a bunch of modules as
it might get the trains will still stick out because they'll moving around
all over the place.  But the roads might just get lost and hard to see.

Thoughts?

I dunno - you make a good point.  The road could/would/might get lost, but I
think it's at least worth a shot one time around.  Might turn out better than
anticipated.  I was always of the camp that there should be just as much
happening at ground level of the moonbase than at 8 (now 10) bricks up.

-Chris

Moonways will stand out with red 1x1 rounds to mark them, but if there's trains
moving around, they will get lost in the commotion.  But, the roads don't really
HAVE a standard other than that; they're flexible.  Moonways can be layed out
wherever, at any angle -- you're just limited by the number of rounds.

Of course, on the moon, I would drive wherever I damn well pleased, moonway or
not.

-nk