 Space / 27942
Re: Super Sized 924 (Classic) Space Cruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:56:43 GMT

It'd be great to see more scale models built... but we better stick to
models without blue studs [grin].

eric

Adrian Drake wrote:

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:

In lugnet.space, Eric Harshbarger wrote:

Ok, all you .space folks, consider this model my tribute to the 25th
anniversary of one of my favorite sets growing up. Coming in at
somewhere over 10 pounds, and at over 27 inches in length is a
3-times-scale model of the LL924 Space Cruiser:

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/924x3.html

I tried to mimic its look and functionality as prescisely as possible.

LOL! I kept having to look at the picture more closely to check what scale it
was. Great job!

Yah, me too.  When I saw the first picture on the main page my first thought was
"okay, why is there a picture of the old classic space set there?  Aren't you
supposed to be building a scale model?"

This is such a great idea.  It makes me want to build a scale model of some
other sets too.  Maybe we're going to see a wave of 3x scaled MOC's.  That'd be
awesome!

Great work Eric.  Oh, and space!

Adrian

<http://www.brickfrenzy.com>