 Space / 27677
Re: I'm back
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:48:18 GMT

* sigh *

     Though I little unexpected to read such harsh attitude in the 'get with it'
post from our esteemed Mr. Curator, I'm reluctantly forced to agree with his
view after reading some past Hennen postings.
     Dean, in the years I've been lurking and (sometimes) posting, it's been
with the understanding that pertinence is valued, especially in an active group
like .space.  It's OK to post off-topic stuff on LUGnet - there's threads for
that.  But in general, .spacers want .spacey stuff, trainheads want trainy
stuff, and so on.
     Great latitude is given all over LUGnet for newbie-ness, and encouragement
and direction is given to those who want to be part of the community.  Age
doesn't seem to exist here.  But pertinence is an unspoken rule that will bring
wrath if ignored.
     I'm fascinated that you've had a chance to see such wonderful things, and
would like to hear about it...when I check Off Topic.  But in .space, or
.castle, or .mecha, being part of the community means giving to the community
what it wants to see and talk about; you'll get a lot back from them when you
do, and with respect.
     Nobody's perfect.  But people have asked you before to stick to the topic.
Your post is like walking into a Magic: The Gathering session and talking about
Tomb Raider instead of playing Magic.  This is why people are upset.
     Unless these were Venusian wolves and Lunar seals.
     Play well, everyone.

Peace and Long Life,
Just Plain and Simple Tony