 Space / 27092
  Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

For your approval, the (URL) Memphis Class>. PLMKWYT. -Dan (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

(...) frictionless floors... Weee...eee!!!...!!! Rick Hallman ... (URL) Das-Brick.Org> ... <aim:goim?screenname...e=Hi+Rick! IM me on AIM> (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

(...) LOL...just hope the force fields are closed before playing on it! -Dan (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

Hmmm. I'm generally a fan of functional/ugly designs, but this one doesn't do it for me. There's just not a lot to hold my attention. I'd recommend: (A) Building a little larger. At this size, it's impossible to add more than rudimentary greebs. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

(...) I think it'll look cool when you've finished it... ;-) Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

(...) Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'll try rearranging the bridge and fixing the fighter bays sometime. Thanks for the help. -Dan (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

A couple things: use of trans stuff and levers for guns. years old? It would have had to have been that far ahead of it's time to still be in service. Think of how quickly technology changes. 50 years maybe, but not 200. needs more surface texture. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

(...) current rates of technological development are a relatively new phenomena. before the twentieth century, development was MUCH slower. I think there is plenty of evidence to support an idea that technological development slows down sometime in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

On 17.42 8/15/2003 +0000, Lenny Hoffman wrote (...) I quite enjoy the concept of 'backsliding' in a technological sense (not yet, once we get out there). The idea of backsliding is common in spec-fic... Star Wars is a good example. Tech has gotten (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

(...) I agree with Lenny on this one. Especially in space, where vessels might take months, years, or decades (maybe centuries) to reach their destinations, it is perfectly reasonable that spaceships might remain in use long after their commission. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Historical Facts (and more...)

(...) The Republic of Crannis (not a long A-sounding word) is one billions of years old (yes, not possible, but they come from another dimension). After conquering numerous sectors and galaxies, they became too powerful, thus focused their research (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier

Hmm...interesting, I hadn't thought about all that (referring to all replies here). Especially with the backstory Dan posted, now I get it. Dan, it is quite possible to get clean-looking ships while still having surface detail. Inlay it. Just look (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)