 Space / 27104
Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:35:51 GMT

Hmmm. I’m generally a fan of functional/ugly designs, but this one doesn’t do it for me. There’s just not a lot to hold my attention. I’d recommend:

(A) Building a little larger. At this size, it’s impossible to add more than rudimentary greebs. Same for turrets or engines, and there’s no room for SNOT.

(B) Trying something less conventional. Play with different shapes, styles... The bridge doesn’t always have to be on top, the fighter bays don’t have to launch forwards (they could launch down or sideways, for example). Try for something outlandish.

(C) Play some of This. Try building one of the ships.

Take care,

Soren