 Space / 26319
  Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!

(...) Hi Nathan. I think this ship is a good start, but it sort of looks to me like it's not finished. The interior is nicely detailed, which is good, but the exterior needs work. I don't understand the hatch in the front with the bridge. It doesn't (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!

(...) I tend to agree...I've really grown to like larger engine areas...and after seeing Dan Jassim's Dragonstar I am pretty much convinced that it can be done properly. For smaller ships, I think Dan's star shuttle is another good example of cases (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!

(...) (buzzcut) (...) One could keep the wimpy-looking landing gear and instead devise a Higgs Boson Field Negator, which would cut the percieved mass of the ship tremendously. As a bonus, it could also allow you to travel at or near c with (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!

(...) Hey GA, thanks for the honest and very helpful reply! These tips will really help my ship building from now on! (...) Believe it or not, I actually got bored with this project when I was done with the inside. I had drawn out the interior with (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!

(...) I think you're missing my point. I think it's a bit odd to have the entry hatch in the middle of your cockpit/piloting area/whatever. I would think you'd want it to be located further aft, to allow for messy research stuff to be brought on (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!

(...) Aahhh! I see now. Locating the hatch further back on the ship makes much more sense. When I build the Roderik's sister ship I also want to include an airlock as well. (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)