 Space / 26286
Re: Classic Space LL930
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:10:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Anne Carasik wrote:
Very nice.

Thanks Anne :)  I really like your stuff, btw!

Ok, here's what I would do for improvements:
- Make the nose a little longer. It looks flat like the smallest
  two, but it doesn't look proportional.

I think you're right - if I were to try and follow on from LL928,
the nose should be longer.  But I actually experimented with that
a lot before I started building, and I like the beefier/stubbier
look that happens when the nose is a little shorter.  I actually
like the LL924 best of the "Trinity" for it's proportions.  I
actually don't like the long nose of LL928 - it looks a little
wimpy or something (should I be criticizing this ship around here? ;)

- I would make the wings a weeee bit longer (not too long, but a bit)
  Again, proportions :)

Do you mean wider?  Or add another 4x4 or 4x8 wing?

I already made it one 4x8 wing longer than it "should" have been -
the 918 and 924 are actually nearly the same length, just the 924
has an extra 4 wide plate seperating the two halves of the ship.
Likewise, (imo) LL930 should be just a little longer than LL928,
with a plate seperating the wings starting at the nose.  I built
the base this way first, but it didn't give me enough room to add
the crew compartment, so that's why I added the one wing length.

- Please don't name it after any Ford vehicle ;)

Heh, you got it ;)

Also, someone made a smaller ship than the LL918, it's a shame you can't
photograph all five together :)

I think I saw that - maybe I'll try and build it.

Also, check out my son Peter (2.5 years old) playing with "our"
Classic Space Lego :)

*sniff* ahhh, the memories :)

Amazing how he's drawn to it - my two older girls have had little
interest, but he's thrilled.  My girls like Lego too, but they're
mainly interested in building houses, and then the stories they
make up about the people (minifigs) who live there.