 Space / 26336
Re: Classic Space LL930
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:45:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Robin Harbron wrote:

I tried to make this ship a logical progression from
LL918, LL924, LL928, hence the LL930 name.  I followed
patterns established by the "Trinity" like this
throughout the planning - the number of thrusters: 1,
2,4,8 - number of trans-yellow windscreens: 1,2,3,4 -
stands: 3,4,5,6 etc.

I couldn't get decent pictures of the inside of the
middle compartment, but it's sort of a mini version
of the inside of the base in http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6970
with bunk-beds, a table and chairs, and computer.  Also,
there's access to the second compartment from the cockpit,
unlike in LL928 (which I find very annoying) :)

There's a couple aspects that I'm not totally pleased with,
but I really can't think of something better - please feel
free to give suggestions.  Criticism is fine as long as you
provide a possible improvement :)  I guess I need a name for
it too - Galaxy Expedition?  Excursion? :)

Also, check out my son Peter (2.5 years old) playing with "our"
Classic Space Lego :)

I wanna curl up with this and be 9 again.  Awesome.

Cheers,
-Gil