 Space / 25486
Re: The Selendian Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:50:28 GMT

"George Haberberger" <George.Haberberger@usa.xerox.com> wrote in message
news:HGzKwq.112p@lugnet.com...

Tom,

My html skills are pretty basic, optimized for notepad and vi, so I • sometimes
have trouble getting the pictures lined up right, what looks fine on my • home PC
doesn't always look good in other browers and PCs. I need to do a little • more
research there, bring my skills up to at last 1998 level.

I did add a few more breaks, I hope that helped.

I'll try to take a few more pictures, too.

Thanks,

George

Whatever you did fixed it.  Everything is readable and no horizontal
scrolling.  I also proudly use good ol' notepad to write my html.  I learned
pretty much all I ever needed to know here:

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimerAll.html

I suggest you go directly to "tables" and learn how to use them.  They will
make your life much easier.  ;)   As an example, I'll shamelessly plug my
own website:

http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego/lego.html

View the source and have a look at how I did the tables.  Each model entry
looks like:

Table:
Row
cell--model name--    cell--small picture--    cell--links to other
pictures--

Not table:
paragraphs of textual description, blah, blah, yadda, yadda

Table:
Row
cell--propulsion--    cell--armament--    cell--designed and built--

The beauty of tables is they automaticly adjust to the window size and you
can get some kind of nice effects by giving them different colored
backgrounds and stuff.  My page is certainly not advanced, but I'm happy
with it.

-- Tom