 Space / 25476
Re: The Selendian Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:48:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino wrote:

"George Haberberger" <George.Haberberger@usa.xerox.com> wrote in message
news:HGxpLH.IxI@lugnet.com...
There are two kinds of space jacks on this moon. The first does his 8 to 8
grind, balling the laserdrill in the ice mines, dreaming of the day when he'll
get his reward, a tiny cube in Tranquility Gardens, with minimal life support,
if a blowout or moonquake doesn't get him first. Yeah, nothing like a future
that you may never reach, with low water rations and yeast cakes to live it up
with.

The second kind of space jack gets his rewards now. You can recognize this one
off duty, because he's on his Selendian Scout.

http://www.frontiernet.com/~ghaberbe/moonbike.htm

I'm having some website problems.  I use Internet Explorer 6, sp1 (which I
would guess is pretty standard) and the bottom image is covering up some
text.  Also, I'm forced to scroll horizontally.  I like the idea of slight
overlap in the pictures (looks kind of like a photo album), but there seem
to be problems with it.  Is this page intended to be viewed only at very
high resolution?  I run 1024x768 (my stupid 15" monitor refuses to die and
give me and excuse to get a bigger one  ;)

Can you get any pics of top and back?  Looks like a cool model and the
description was fun to read too.  The moon is my oyster.  Hehe...

-- Tom

Tom,

My html skills are pretty basic, optimized for notepad and vi, so I sometimes
have trouble getting the pictures lined up right, what looks fine on my home PC
doesn't always look good in other browers and PCs. I need to do a little more
research there, bring my skills up to at last 1998 level.

I did add a few more breaks, I hope that helped.

I'll try to take a few more pictures, too.

Thanks,

George