 Space / 25091
Re: New MOC: Hover Limo with Police Escort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   I actually built this model back in January, but I wanted to build the police escorts before taking photos of it. After building the hovercycles last week, I finally go around to taking pictures today.

Limousine with Escort

Of note is the enormous amount of SNOT... all the arches are attached sideways, but everything still lines up flush. Half stud offsets are used to make the steps in the front of the vehicle more gradual. I even used a half plate vertical offset to make the sloping of these parts more gradual:

Please LMKWYT! Comments, questions, suggestions, etc. appreciated.
--Bram

Mmmmm...that’s nice. That’s what I was trying to go for with my Orca armoured limo, but didn’t turn out nearly as sleek as this. Those black arched cuves really help smooth out the lines...gives it that classic 50’s swank with the daisy cutter 70’s Buick grill.

Turning around the LOM canopy on the escort bike is a great concept too...have to remember that one.

Those cops...a branch New York’s Finest Taxi Service (TUS)?

Cheers, -G