 Space / 24622
Re: Some mocs from Comic Con show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:33:54 GMT

What I like most about all these creations is their common esthetic.  They all
have an innocence about them that is both a little nostalgic and very
refreshings.  I think it has to do with the colour scheme and the classic colour
combinations.  Please don't confuse simple with simplistic however...they all
appear to be thought out and crafted with care.

Fun stuff!!

BTW, those canopies on the first two mechs...where are they from?  I can't place
them...

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden wrote:
Hey, had a few secs so I thought I'd highlight some of the things I displayed at
the Motor City Comic Con about a month ago.  The pictures are from several of
the members of MichLug, but these are specifically of MOCs that were mine...

A few older, a few new, and most are probably new to some of the newer
.spacers...

a) This is a Crusader mech that I created, based off of one of Mark Sandlins
(don't have the link since he has yet to complete updating fleebnork.com)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ssanburn/MichLUG-Events/MichLUG-Shows/Comic-Con-05-2003/pdrm0032.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/ShowsAndMeetings/05-17-03/28.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/ShowsAndMeetings/05-17-03/27.jpg

The one with the clear canopy is brand spankin' new.

A walker mech that I made as well last August.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ssanburn/MichLUG-Events/MichLUG-Shows/Comic-Con-05-2003/pdrm0033.jpg

A drop ship that I made for the show, in front of the mecha bay for my walker.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/ShowsAndMeetings/05-17-03/12.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/ShowsAndMeetings/05-17-03/11.jpg

Another small courier ship that I also created around last August.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/ShowsAndMeetings/05-17-03/13.jpg

The tank in this one is mine.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/ShowsAndMeetings/05-17-03/10.jpg

A few snaps of the three capitals that I brought to the display.  The blue one
is a classic...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ssanburn/MichLUG-Events/MichLUG-Shows/Comic-Con-05-2003/pdrm0024.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ssanburn/MichLUG-Events/MichLUG-Shows/Comic-Con-05-2003/pdrm0023.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ssanburn/MichLUG-Events/MichLUG-Shows/Comic-Con-05-2003/pdrm0022.jpg

Aaaand of course, this is not space, but we had a castle layout due to the
space/fantasy nature of the convention.  This one is of me, bending over an
original 6073 knights castle (mine!) that my mom bought for me back in 1984.
Personnaly, prefer this one over the black falcon's fortress, but that is a
discussion for another newsgroup.  ;B
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ssanburn/MichLUG-Events/MichLUG-Shows/Comic-Con-05-2003/pdrm0007.jpg

Too bad you can't show proper url link in FTX format.  I can't include my sig
under plain text.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tpruden3/index.html
~Trev