 Space / 24604
  This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

It is all a conspiracy to hijack Chris Giddens' threads. No seriously, I think all the newer people who were not around when the Grand Admiral's joke started, do not see it as a joke at all. I think a lot of people seem to think that this rank thing (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) I'm not an Admiral. First Medical Officers don't get to be Admirals. But then being a medical officer makes a nice change, doesn't it? Plus I get to play doctor... g,d&r Cheers, (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) I'm hereby promoting you to admiral... so your argument holds no water. As to the main reason I'm responding... (...) Dude, how long are you going to keep toying with us?! I can't take this 'coming soon' stuff. We're posting left and right (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Baaaah, is the sound i make when seeing all this "Admiral" talk. I don't want to be no stinkin' Admiral, why be an Admiral when one can be an EVIL GENIUS or an EVIL DOKTOR, like myself. (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) I know it's a joke, look at my post when I (URL) promoted myself>. Can anyone take following line seriously? "Within a month, Admiral Wells had signed several new amendments, passed new laws, hired 50 talented employees, nearly erased (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) You're not having fun? You must be doing something wrong. ;-) -General Insanity (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) I hereby promote Tim Deering to Admiral of all Evil Geniuses and Evil Doktors. Take that sucker! (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Yah i bet!....You only think that you promoted "me" to Admiral of those things, but you really promoted the evil-robot-clone me. fool. (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) What a strange name for an evil twin robot clone. Bet it has a chip in its shoulder from all the other ETRC's making fun of it. Best DaveG (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Enough! You have insulted Adm.Wells enough! I hereby DEMOTE you to Private, First Class! Take that, Private Insanity! -jr.mar.hoffman (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) I hereby demote Tim Deering to potato peeler of all Not-So-Evil-Actually...-Know-Them Dental Hygenists. Your apron awaits you, sir. ;P -G (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Hollee fleebs...no doubt. Those sig shots look incredible. Make with the delivery, Paul!! -G (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Awrite! Another doctor, albeit you tinker with humanoids, were I tinker with forces of nature. Still working on that move-a-planet-gadget. Now, about your sig-pic: do you have more details/pictures/descriptions about that awsome ship? (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.

(...) Now, see, that's a start. A forum full of plain- vanilla admirals? What fun is that? They'd never argue or compete, they'd just compare rubber duckies and have waterfights. Generals are good, but we can surely be even more creative than that. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Ha! Say, this is fun! (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.

(...) How about 'Basher'? It was what the british generals were called in india during its colonial times. Also in Frank Herbert's dune series it is used for roughly the same rank. I always thought it held a bit of romance as far as military titles (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.

(...) the term 'Basher' (or Bashar, as Herbert uses it) is such a beautiful term. Especially when thinking about Miles Teg, but that is something else altogether. Personally, one of my favorite things about the 'ranks' were how different and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote: (snip) (...) If I may be so bold, I would claim that title for myself. :D -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: This is why everyone wants to be an Admiral.

(...) Silly Human, you actually think you have that power. I am Insanity, master of the mind, overlord of reality. Mmwwhahahahahahahahaha. (...) Well glad you agree, after all we are talking about the promotion of officers commanding little plastic (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.

(...) I noticed you had. Seeing as how you're the only person we're aware of currently packaging and selling said norks of fleeb, you've got the strongest claim to it anyways. (Incidentally, I wonder if being "Keeper of Fleebnorks" means that your (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)