 Space / 24641
Re: Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:20:30 GMT

   How about ‘Basher’? It was what the british generals were called in india during its colonial times. Also in Frank Herbert’s dune series it is used for roughly the same rank. I always thought it held a bit of romance as far as military titles go.

the term ‘Basher’ (or Bashar, as Herbert uses it) is such a beautiful term. Especially when thinking about Miles Teg, but that is something else altogether.

Personally, one of my favorite things about the ‘ranks’ were how different and interesting they could be. And while everyone may feel the need to become an admiral, i’m happy as a junior marshal. hopefully one day i’ll make full marshal, but i can wait until then.

i also like that there is only one ‘grand admiral’, despite many different admirals out there, there’s only one on top.

On another thought, what about using nobility terms? marquis, duke, earl, count, baron, archduke, etc etc.

-Jr.Mar.Hoffman