 Space / 24639
Re: Admirals? We don't need no steenking admirals.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:44:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
Now, see, that's a start.  A forum full of plain-
vanilla admirals?  What fun is that?  They'd never
argue or compete, they'd just compare rubber duckies
and have waterfights.

Generals are good, but we can surely be even more
creative than that.  I always prefer Field Marshal;
Elector is another good one (although that's a title
rather than a rank).  Consul, Procurator, Veldcornet,
High Magistrate, Holy See, Kaiser, Lord High Councillor,
et cetera, et cetera--all the way up to "Keeper of
Fleebnorks." (What?  You don't think that's a powerful
title?  Oh, but it is--where do you think those
fleebnorks all come from?  Can you imagine the kind
of power necessary to keep them in line while they're
waiting to be unleashed?  Yeah, I knew you'd agree.)

all best

LFB
(alas, not the Keeper of Fleebnorks)

How about 'Basher'?  It was what the british generals were called in india
during its colonial times.  Also in Frank Herbert's dune series it is used for
roughly the same rank.  I always thought it held a bit of romance as far as
military titles go.

Spencer
I'll find a cool sig eventually...