 Space / 23634
  Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

Following on my Blacktron mini moonbase, here's a minifig scale Blacktron ship and their Space Police nemesis. (URL) as a Brickfest project, the original Desperado suffered slight...structural failure...when I tried to move the assembled ship. Too (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

(...) You really have a talent for Blacktron, you incorporated so many modern building concepts and it still has a perfectly Blacktron feel to it. Dang. I really dig the way the container pods opened up... I wasn't expecting that! Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

This is great. I lOVE the job you did on these. Now I wish I was born early enough to get some Blacktron and SPI... That is just so cool. I love all the opening and detatching and whizzing and popping out things in the Blacktron craft... and I like (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

Holey shmoley....12 billion toys in one! As said, nice modularity Scott - this would have made you the king of the block back inna day when Blacktron ruled supreme. They still do today, but are under different ownership ;) Cheers, -Gil (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

Thanks Joel. Blacktron has always been one of my favorites, and black & yellow is cool (but hard to photograph). The pods are where the whole thing started - I just thought those black quarter saucers would be cool Blacktron parts. Scott (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

I wish I had bought more at the time. It wasn't exactly a dark age for me, but it was prior to accepting my full AFOL-ness. Blacktron means play value to me, and that's what I was going for - lots of bits for lots of fun. Scott (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

Huh, I never thought about how many toys it could be. What would the formula be? It's not 50! because it can be more than one toy at once. You're not seriously suggesting that one of those...other themes...could actually begin to compete with (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

Sure....Jack Stone, Paradisa, ...you know, the 'Greats'. Flame on! ;0) -G (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

(...) BLASPHEMER!! How could you leave out UFOs? A (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

This is one I have to look at in stages or I'll spend all my day exploring everything. Very cool! Old skool buildin, but with new pieces for the genre. This is how Blacktron would work. Land that bugger near the Moonbase and in minutes the base is (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

(...) (FYI, the Lightfoot powersuit was originally done by Karim Nassar... (URL) ) Blacktron is my favorite line of Lego products, although I was too young to buy them as originals. Oh well. Gotta love the whole idea of Blacktron copying all the (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

I don't know - given the potential size of the Brickfest Moonbase, even the Desperado Zeta might not be up to the job... But it will probably be there. Thanks, Scott (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Desperado Zeta & Space Police Interceptor

Thanks Ryan. Adding all the .space stuff to the DZ was a lot of fun. The first time I saw this powersuit someone had done it in Blacktron colors and called it the Perseus. I assumed that was the original version. Now I know - and knowing is half the (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.space)