 Space / 23575
Re: BattleSpace (was: LEGO Site Relaunch!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 03:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Matheson writes:
www.ozbricks.com/battlespace ...well, none of the links work, and the
Battlefleet Gothic site on www.games-workshop.com is being rebuilt, and all in
all i dont have any inspiration besides the Rendor.

As to BattleSpace I have found that the links only work in Internet
Explorer.  I usually use Mozilla but it seems to have issues with
Battlespace.  I suspect that this is due to the fact the IE is a little
more forgiving in allowing you to have dropped tags and/or non standard
JavaScript. (such as capitalisations in variables).  I believe that Zac
wrote the entire damn thing by hand so if there are a few errors than it's
possible they slipped in by accident.  God knows I've done the same thing
before

but if you load it up in IE it works just fine.  if you reading this Zac,
it might be something to look at

I think I've found the problem.  Battlespace uses Javascript to do the links
on the navigation menu.
Example:
style="cursor: hand" onclick="window.parent.navigate('cruisers.htm')

Many browsers don't seem to recognize that code and so it just displays
regular text with no link.

Zac, if you just use a regular A-href html link it would work in all
browsers... you could use CSS classes to provide different mouse-over effects.

Sorry if I confuse some of you guys.  :)

-JHK