 Space / 23202
Re: Request for Ideas/Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:27:11 GMT

Glad you reposted this Matt...missed it first time around.

The ship you are basing it on looks wild...an unorthadox look that should be
a real challenge to build, although your first step are well on the way.  As
far as I can see, you can't get any closer to the original with that
cockpit...nice job.

The rest of the ship looks like an excellent opportunity to combine
traditional studs-up building and SNOT (studs not on top) techniques.

Perhaps one way to proceed would be to build the engine pods, 'backbone' and
those 2 areas to either side of the cockpit as units on an underlying frame
that connects them.  These would be the studs-up parts.

For the decking that connects them all, it would be interesting to see if
this could be done in SNOT, allowing many opportunites to engreeble,
texturize etc. in contrast to the smooth surface.

Just my 2 bricks...

Good luck!

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.space, Matt Krotzer writes:
Hi everyone. Its been a while since I last posted on anything, and in truth,
I've been a bit inactive on the building end as well, but as I'm looking to
get back to work on my project, I thought I'd reissue the request for help
and/or suggestions on how I can best translate the basic schematic of my
ship into Legos. Any suggestions on how to get the angles, misc. greeblies,
or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

The original topic can be found at: http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=22105.
There should be links to the BrickShelf gallery from there. Thanks in advance.

-The Matt