 Space / 22425
Re: .Spacers...to the Time Warp!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:18:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings!

With the news of the day seemingly surrounding us at every turn these days,
I can't help but look back to what seemed a simpler time.  A time of ice
cream trucks, waterparks, summer camp and yes...Lego.

Chatting with a friend about the creations of our youths, the thought struck
me:  Why not create a little showcase for those fledgling creations of our
pasts?

Sure most of these multicoloured gems have been reduced to the bins for
years, but what a blast it would be to try and rebuild them as they were.
And to show progression, why not build an updated version using the skills,
insights and part selection you've acquired since?

So, may I present.....The .Space Time Warp!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~gtoradoch/Timewarp/Timewarp_main.htm

Here's how it works.

Recall a space model from your tender years and recreate it as accurately as
you can.  If you like (and of course we'd encourage you to!), try creating
an updated version of it.

Snap some shots, post them to Brickshelf or your own webspace and send me a
note at my e-mail address (toradoch @ hotmail. com) with:

a) Links to your gallery...links ONLY please - hotmail isn't a high capacity
service
b) A specification of what image you would like for your thumbnail(s)
c) A short description of your model...30 words or less.

Think this is only a deal for us old fogeys?  Nonsense!  If you're still in
your youngish years, use one of your first creations...everyone has a
starting point.

I will try to update the site as often as I can and will work within my
bandwidth and storage.  If there are problems hosting or a change of address
I will put a redirect in place if possible and post the new address to this
board.

Whattaya say .spacers....interested?

Cheers,
-Gil

PS. .Space!

...darnit, me and my liking the official models when I was little...  (I
made plenty of Town MOCs, but not Space.)

Oh, well.  I did make a few nice MOCs in middle school, I guess that counts.
Time to make the Destination Mark II, then.

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.