 Space / 22418
Re: .Spacers...to the Time Warp!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:22:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings!

With the news of the day seemingly surrounding us at every turn these days,
I can't help but look back to what seemed a simpler time.  A time of ice
cream trucks, waterparks, summer camp and yes...Lego.

Chatting with a friend about the creations of our youths, the thought struck
me:  Why not create a little showcase for those fledgling creations of our
pasts?

Sure most of these multicoloured gems have been reduced to the bins for
years, but what a blast it would be to try and rebuild them as they were.
And to show progression, why not build an updated version using the skills,
insights and part selection you've acquired since?

So, may I present.....The .Space Time Warp!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~gtoradoch/Timewarp/Timewarp_main.htm

Heh, interesting concept.  I actually did that for the Classic space Blacktron
contest.  I rebuilt, with a very similar design, though much much longer, a
Blacktron Dragster that I'd made when I was a younger me.

old: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/Misc/blacktron_dragster.jpg
new: http://www.brickfrenzy.com/ground_eliminator.html

This dates back to 1988, when the first Blacktron sets came out and I became
enamored with them.  It was one of the first MOC's that I clearly remember
building.

Adrian