 Space / 22093
Re: Et In Arcadia Lego: Mako comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:11:14 GMT

thx much to everyone
for all the comments on the first
batch of pics.  I'll try to reward
you all for posting, by getting the real
version to BFest for you to see.  The
pics really just don't convey the impression
that you get from walking around it.

Here's me addressing some of the comments and q's:

Also, where do you get all that Sand Green?
I bought it on bshelf. In fact, i bought too
much and ended up not using it all :-D

I get a strong Anime vibe from this ship.  Was
that intentional?
not really but i do look at a lot of space art
and anime is certainly in the mix.  the whole
plating and exposed greebly sections gets used
in a lot of good art, including anime.

My favorite feature is the underside of the cockpit.
yeah, mine too.  i spent a lot of time on that.

is it really a good idea to have the fuel tanks so 'targetable'?
targetable? this baby is too fast to shoot at, man ;-)
besides, you'd get exiled to a remote asteroid for Aesthetic
Violation #23 (attempted vandalism of a work of art)

Great job using a color with very limited part selection and turning it
into a model that rocks.
thx. in all fairness, j0n started the "limited color as accent" trend,
but i've been digesting it for many months.  On this moc, I decided
on the sand green and then bought the pieces while designing the
ship's parts.

Also, I think that if the little weapon mounts sticked out a bit
more it would make the shape better, since from the top
it looks kinda thin.
hmm.  very good comment. thx. it does look kinda linear from up there.

So is that old safe just cargo, dug up from a top-secret archaeological dig?
Or does the pilot actually keep his money in there?
I was gonna put some fleebnorkage in there but I don't have any.
So i decided that the Mako runs on spamcake.  thx for asking :-)

hope that helps
and hope you continue to enjoy
the Mako

thx