 Space / 21832
  Idea: small hatch

Inspired by the trav-hatch (tm) and the way Tony Hafner connected the droid arms to the clips in his bots, I was looking at a 4x4 radar dish thinking it'd make a nice small hatch. I'm sure this could be adapted for horizontal use too. Anyway, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) genious I just want to bash my head into my monitor for not thinking of that. I AM serious about stealing that. You'll see soon enough. (back to building) out Tony Knaak (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) top mounted airlock or something top work Allister Trav (-|-) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

I look forward to seeing it in a MOC - I certainly have no use to put it to right now. Cheers, Allister (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

Ahh, neat! Would that hinge be strong enough to support a larger dish? Actually, double up the arms and clips, and you could put that on an 8x8 dish pretty easily, to make a big airlock door, or maybe an escape hatch for escape pods or little (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

Perfect! Just what I was looking for! Nice work Allister....just helped me out of a bind! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) After seeing Allister's hatch, I decided that I wanted something beefier. Very similar, but with different parts. It's amazing how quickly some designs can evolve. Assembly: Front: (2 URLs) Instructions (after moderation) (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

that is ill. i like the dual hinge anction. too bad i don't own that hinge arm. -tk "Duane Hess" <LEGOZILLA@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:HB8rH1.7ww@lugnet.com... (...) droid (...) horizontal (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

<snip> (...) floating bot's like chris maddison's: (URL) to repair hull damage or whatnot. I can just see it now... Capt: Lieutenant, release the fixing bots. I want my ship back together ASAP! Lieu: Right-oh, Capt. -cut to outside of ship. bot (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) externally, although there is that obstruction in the opening. Allister (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

Ditto. Hey, that's perfect for my new MOC!!! The original model was 99.99% based on the Republic Cruiser from Episode I. That one met with...an unfortunate demise. The new iteration is going to have modified engines, modified bridge area, and a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) Hey, that is cool! I'm always scrambling to find cool hatches (I couldn't build one to save my life!) ;-) Nathan Wells (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) Wow, another hatch idea I'll have to steal! ;-) Allister's hatch look like it would be an interior hatch (think service crawlway), while your's gives the impression it would be an exterior airlock. Both are very cool. Nathan Wells (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea: small hatch

(...) That sounds cool! Allister's hatch is very cool, and I love the cleanliness of this version. I can just imagine a 'pod bay' made using this, or perhaps making an emergancy exit airlock. Very cool stuff, people. -JHK (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)