 Space / 20773
Re: Challenger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:17:14 GMT

"Wayne McCaul" <wmccaul@NOSPAMattbi.com> wrote in message
news:H9HDE9.G9w@lugnet.com...
This is interesting, can I ask what this is related to? I understand it's
the Challenger disaster, but I can't find how it's referenced on Lugnet.

I put up a small picture of the crew in the .space sidebar yesterday, and
took it down last night.

I remember it vividly. I was a 17 and a senior in high school. We were at
lunch at the local pizza place and it was snowing. When we jumped back in
the car, my friends said the shuttle had just blown up and we thought they
were just screwing around. But they made up shut up and listen to the • radio;
they still didn't know exactly what had happened, only that some kind of
terrible accident had occurred.

I had to wait all day until I got to work that night to see any television
reports. A sad day for space indeed.

Good story.  I was in 3rd grade and our whole school watched it live on TV.
After it happened I remember that our teacher had us draw what we felt.

[ j o n ]