 Space / 20771
Re: Challenger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:31:12 GMT

I will never forget the day:
I attended school at Florida Institute of Technology, 1984-1988.  It was a
beautiful sunny day and ten minutes before a physics test.  My roommates and
I stood out on the deck to watch the shuttle go up.  We watched it rise and
then saw smoke trails.  But they were not the same smoke trails we were used
to seeing.
We knew.  We turned on the tv and radio but they were still clueless.
A couple of minutes passed and then they knew.
We ran to the physics test. I failed that test.
FIT canceled all classes the next day except for the engineering school.
It was dreadful.

Patty