 Space / 2074
  LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

Folks, I've written a few Mac applications in my day. I'd be willing to participate in the development of a Mac L-draw port. Who's got the source? -A (#209) (...) ....l a port is made available. (...) /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\...\/\/\/\/\/ Andy DePalma (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

(...) \/ Ldlite source is available and has been ported to the MAC. It could use an update though. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. If you need LEDIT functionality then you're out of luck. Perhaps you could use this as a starting (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

(...) Have you been to the "LDraw for the Macintosh Campaign" website? (URL) don't think they have source to LDraw itself but there seems to be a growing interest in some sort of Mac version. --Todd [followups to lugnet.cad.dev] (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

(...) AFAIK, Filip Spacek is the only person who has a copy of the LDraw source, given to him by James before he passed away. His email address is spacek@geocities.com. There might be more people with it, but he is the only person I know of for (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

in article FtzGo4.Hty@lugnet.com, Andy DePalma at andy@uconn.edu wrote on 5/3/00 5:14 AM: (...) I have a Java version that works. I'm in the process of re-writing it, though and have the new parser done. My goal is to use OpenGL for the rendering. (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

Cool. My second question is: When creating something with LDraw, do you have to enter the spatial coordinates for all the parts, or is there some kind of click-and -drag approach? If it's not as simple as click-and-drag, then I'm not going to sit in (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

(...) I'm up to my elbows in other projects right now, and I don't have much 3d graphics experience, but I am the local Java guru (1) and would love to take a look at it. I could give a hand with the UI and parser, too. Cheers, - jsproat 1. (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!

(...) In LEdit, you use the cursor keys to slide the parts around the three axes. LEdit has no mouse support. To make exact moves, you can press X, Y or Z, and enter an offset. This can be useful for very large or very small movements. In MLCad, you (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)