 Space / 20516
Re: Castle's Revenge !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Eric Sophie writes:
Hey that's interesting. It's a Dragon, its a spaceship it, red black and cool!
This picture is really neat:
http://www.valyance.com/starship/myships/CR_Face_Angle.jpg

Cool page and write up.

Thanks!  I had a lot of fun with it.  The design concept of Dragon & Ship
was one I had months ago, but only recently did I get enough (or any!) of
certain specialized elements to build with.

My only suggestion is that the body seems a little out of proportion to the
head. The head is so cool and the blending to the body makes it a little odd.

Yes, I thought the same thing once it was done.  I actually built the head
last, but to make it large enough to hide a two-person cockpit behind the
eyes, it ended up larger than I anticipated, and thus slightly large
compared to the width of the body and wings.

But that's my only constructive critisim. Hey how is the neck attached?

I used click hinges like these:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=30364
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=30365

The ship/dragon is in three sections: Head, Torso, Abdomen.  The Head
connects to the Torso with four click-hinges near the bottom (so the head
bends down).  The Torso connects to the Abdomen with two click-hinges near
the top (so the torso bends up (although four would hold the weight better
in certan poses)).  The tail and rear legs use click-hinges also, making
this a very "posable" model.  Between the claws, hips, and wings, I used
several other kinds of hinge as well as 2x2 turntables to hold the underwing
thrusters at the perfect angle.

Thanks for the comments!
-Hendo