 Space / 2017
Re: Unnamed Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, John J. Ladasky, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald writes:
Here's a POV rendering of a ship I've built that seats two. For some reason • it
reminds me of the 481 Space Cruiser, but I'm not sure why.

481????  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=481

(You meant 487, right?)  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=487

Doh! "You are correct, sir!" :)

"Wishful thinking" is more than likely the reason :)

And probably too many pain killers too..

From the looks of your picture, your model is a bit smaller than the 487.  The
487 is 30 studs long by 18 wide (I just reassembled mine a while back -- my
four year-old was rummaging through my old instruction sheets and said, "Let's
build this."  That's my boy!).

Excellent!

Inspirational credits go to Tim "Zacktron" Courtney and Roger "Yellow&Grey"
Rothhaar. They didn't really do anything in designing the ship, except that
when Tim was visiting I got "the urge" to make something (amazing how • visiting
Lego fans often bring along unintended inspiration :); and I had just • acquired
the canopy and its extension from Roger.

I have a few of those canopies, but none of the extensions.  I could use some.
In what sets can they be found?

I believe there's one or two Aquasharks sets that have them.. can't remember
for sure being that I never bought one myself. If you want a black one, try
and find one of those little Res-Q vans before they're really hard to find.

Thanks for posting -- I like your model and I missed your taglines!

Thanks. My writers were on strike.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake absorbs radar.