 Space / 1993
1992  |  1994
Subject:
Unnamed Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:17:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here's a POV rendering of a ship I've built that seats two. For some reason it
reminds me of the 481 Space Cruiser, but I'm not sure why. "Wishful thinking"
is more than likely the reason :) cuz it's not classic space design or colors,
it doesn't have cargo doors, and is definitely not made of many classic
pieces. Maybe because it's close to the 481's size (as I [might] remember it).

From the scene, I've only actually built the black one, but I like rendering
in other colors just to see the effect. I like red one least (probably because
I didn't put any imagination in mixing up the color), but the white one seems
to have done okay with the same amount of colored elements.

Inspirational credits go to Tim "Zacktron" Courtney and Roger "Yellow&Grey"
Rothhaar. They didn't really do anything in designing the ship, except that
when Tim was visiting I got "the urge" to make something (amazing how visiting
Lego fans often bring along unintended inspiration :); and I had just acquired
the canopy and its extension from Roger.

The craft is as yet unnamed except for "TF-7" (which might be altered), and it
virtually resides in Hangar 35 of the yet-to-be-named secret base.

http://www.baylug.org/titan/pw/hang35-3.jpg

Comments, criticisms, suggestions, fighter names and classes, and various
fresh coldcuts (except olive-loaf) are all welcome.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake was utilized in at least 83% of all rock-type features
used in soundstage sets on Star Trek, the original series.