 Space / 20150
  A Question of Size

Inspired by JHK's latest creation : (URL) was some question about the validity of calling one of his creations a "heavy fighter." Recently there was some talk that nailed down the definition of a "SHIP" (~in excess of 100 studs in any direction). I (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

I post this link a couple of days ago, but it got lost in all the posts, so I hit one more time. I think this list (not created by me, just found it) is probably the most comprehensive. It lists everything, go check it out Leonard! (URL) wrap, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

(...) I am not so certain that we ever will, nor whether we need to, come to a consensus on this subject. In the real world, different nations have different definitions of things like "Capitol Ship", "Battleship", etc. I think in our own fictional (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

Tony, Thanks for the link. This is really informative. But my post was meant to refer to specifically LEGO space creations (the way 'SHIP' is a lugnet term, not an actual scifi term) - in other words, developing a vocabulary for subSHIP lego (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

(...) Hmmm.... "A Heavy Spacecraft weighs between 15 and 50 tons..."? (and many others) Weighs? In space? Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

(...) I agree. And I really wonder about the need to even try. Think of the term 'drop ship' referring to the one seen in Aliens. Total complement? I believe it was less than a dozen if you include the Colonial Marines, Ripley and the pilot and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

(...) The modern term for a destroyer escort is "frigate." Anyhow, I like the term escort as applied to 40-80 stud ships, it's fitting. (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

(...) I realize that I wasn't clear, but my hope and desire was not to supplant people's definitions of words like "cruiser" and "battleship." What I thought we (as a community) could use was terms for LEGO creations, alongside SHIP. Terms to be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A Question of Size

(...) Ah, yes, I see. Well, we did kick around a few humorous acronyms for smaller vessels in responses to a thread here: (URL) these did not define anything in brick terms. (...) I think these things are fun, though I don't know how much they will (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)