 Space / 1978
Re: MOC: Command Module of Starship "Suffren"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli writes:
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:51:14 GMT, Mr L F Braun
<braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

Hi, everyone-

I have a few very cursory pictures of the forward segment of my
slowly-growing starship, which I have named 'Suffren' in commemoration
of the 18th-century French admiral who actually was able to *win*
battles against the British.  This is the C-3 (Command, Control,
Communications) module of Suffren, along with a segment of two-level
walkway that will connect to the next hull section back (the quarters
and modular bays).

The module itself, sitting on what must be the most hideous strawberry
carpet in Creation, is pictured here:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/suffren1.jpg

   Oh yeah. Finally we get to see this and I am not dissapointed at
all. I mean that has got to be the best carpet I have ever seen. ; )

I seriously like that color carpet.  I guess I am just weird.

That carpet rocks.. you could do shots of landing parties and explorations and
stuff on a red planet... and then there's the shot of that rippled comforter
thingy that looks like a crashed ship on a dune planet.. way cool.

    Not to mention you nailed the feel of the front of the Event
Horizon. That small viewing slit is perfect. Oh man its all about that
scene where Larry Fishburn's ship is looking for the E H in that storm
and then BAM they almost run into it.

Looks way cool. A ship that means business.

The walkway terminates just outside of the picture.  The ZNAP is the
barest piece of what will be there; it is being used to space several
electronics pods and shield generators/heat sinks.  It will also provide
an exoframe of sorts for the completed ship.

i have yet to see ZNAP in the store, but thanks for the recommendation.

Suggestions, flames, kudos, stories about your dog, and fresh fruit are
all welcome.

Well, your presentation doesn't warrant any rotten fruit or green Jujyfruits
(that's what I usually throw when I launch any sort of comestible). And the
dog (which died over 3 years ago) once ate an entire loaf of bread, plastic
bag and all.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake was once used as heels by poorer english cobblers.