 Space / 1975
Re: MOC: Command Module of Starship "Suffren"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:42:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

The module itself, sitting on what must be the most hideous strawberry
carpet in Creation, is pictured here:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/suffren1.jpg

I like the use of this part: <part:2432> ; nice effect when they're lined up in
a row like that.  It looks like a supported pipe along the side of the ship. I
also like the blue "cut-outs" along the gray hull down the walkway.  Hopefully
you'll give us a close-up of this section when the rest of the ship is
complete. :)

It turned out looking very nicely;
the obvious inspiration is the "Event Horizon" (the vertical extensions
at dead front).

Not obvious to me, since I've never seen "Event Horizon". :)  It kind of
reminded me of the fronts of battleships from Babylon 5 (not exactly, but the
hexagonal shape of the front sillhouette and the big opening for the gun made
me think of this).

Note the communications array mounted at centre top; it's a little goofy
looking in its current incarnation, but it will hopefully look more
in-place when the ship's fully complete.

Actually, I thought it had a sort of "function over form" look about it that
makes it look realistic the way it is now.

--Mike