 Space / 19212
  Blacktron Spyderpod

I thought it would be fun to build a pod in the style of the original Blacktron colors. I couldn't resist putting wings on it. :-) (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) I admire the server space you must have to be able to put up such beautifully clear photographs. You can see every defect in each part. Remarkable! I guess at 250K each, you can have some very clear images :) That being said, this is another (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) Actually it's just running on an old Sony Vaio laptop that I had sitting around and decided to start using as a server. It's got a 30GB drive. (...) Do you want to see the high-resolution originals? First right-click on an 800x600 image to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) Amen, brother!! Blacktron III in 2006! --Dave (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) Let's start a campaign. --Todd (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) Be careful what you wish for. Was BT II as good as BT I? Personally, I'd prefer something new once the Star Wars license runs out, although after 7 years of Star Wars being the only space theme, the craving for ANYTHING spacey will be immense (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) I can't decide weather the MOC or the photos are the most amazing... *please* could you write up a tutorial or at least a brief description on how you arrange the lightning etc.? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H6w5K4.KpG@lugnet.com... (...) Blacktron (...) how (...) His camera is God. Tutorial done. (sorry but his camera is honestly amazing :-) -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) The Moonbase Project - (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) I agree with Allister that SW is not proper Lego Space (actually I go further and argue that all they are good for is parts, and even then the sets with the good parts are the expensive ones), and as he says, it would be cool to see something (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) I'd buy that for a dollar! Imagine - the entire BT1 theme re-released in the Legends series. Speaking as someone who missed out the first time and has virtually ZERO BT1 stuff - swoon. And the best thing is that Lego seem to be putting (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

Man...those photos. *sigh* A nice spin on the pod concept, particuliarly the incorporation of those tapered slopes in the front...it balances out the heavy engine block nicely in the aft section. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) Hrm, well, it's more an art than a science, I think -- at least for me -- although I definitely always find the following helpful: * Shoot multiple exposures under different lighting conditions; experiment and see what works. When it's coming (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

Thanks Todd. this is very informative. Someday I hope to get around to photographing some MOC's. Mark M. -snip (...) -unsnip (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktron Spyderpod

(...) You can accomplish a lot without a fancy camera in the way of flash by using an infrared remote flash trigger. I've got a pricey one I bought for cave photography but I think there are cheaper ones available. You can also buy a used flash from (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)