 Space / 19244
Re: Blacktron Spyderpod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 02:02:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
However, I *am* a BT1 fan, and what made BT1 so darn cool was... well a lot
of things, but one of those things was that they were the opposite of their
contemporaries (Futuron, MTron, SP1).  The point is: *If* the SW license ran
out, and *if* TLC started a whole new mini-fig/system style space line, then
that would be the perfect (possibly the required) setting for BT1 to return
on their 20th anniversary (2007?)!

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Imagine - the entire BT1 theme re-released in the Legends series. Speaking
as someone who missed out the first time and has virtually ZERO BT1 stuff -
swoon.

And the best thing is that Lego seem to be putting reasonable price tags on
their rereleased models rather than milking the nostalgia dollar for all
it's worth.

Allister

Hold on to your space diapers, it's time for blast off.