 Space / 19188
Re: Entry to lame parts contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 02:53:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Ya know, when this contest was proposed I thought it had Drake written all
over it - unorthodox parts in unorthodox usage.

Everybody needs a skill.

The others have detailed many of the point that make this thing rock.  One
realy nice touch perhaps not mentioned yet is the feathering effect of the
SW tapered wings...goes great with the organic look of the overall design.

I'm glad somebody noticed that.  Those wings were a pain in the butt to keep
secured onto the rope bridge.  Before I put some supporting plates
underneath them, they'd pop off if I looked at them funny.  Or if I looked
at them normally even.

Thanks

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Very creepycool.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake writes:
Hey gang.  I've been busy doing strange things with lame parts, and the
result is the Chaos Nova, my entry to the lame parts contest.  It uses 8 of
the 10 lame parts (I don't have any Galidor, nor any of those little white
fences) so I included 2 other lame parts in their place, the Knight's
Kingdom catapult and the grill/headlight piece from the Adventurers cars.
Look for it on the space page.

Cheers
Adrian
--