 Space / 19158
Re: Entry to lame parts contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:07:36 GMT

Jon Palmer wrote:

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
news:H6oAqp.L60@lugnet.com...
Hey gang.  I've been busy doing strange things with lame parts, and the
result is the Chaos Nova, my entry to the lame parts contest.  It uses 8 • of
the 10 lame parts (I don't have any Galidor, nor any of those little white
fences) so I included 2 other lame parts in their place, the Knight's
Kingdom catapult and the grill/headlight piece from the Adventurers cars.
Look for it on the space page.

This is very lame.  Good job.  You really went nuts throwing the lame parts
on.  The soccer ball takes the cake.  I'm not sure if I can beat this now.

And now for a (possibly lame) gripe.  Could you please post links directly
to the specific MOC?  I imagine you post to your main page to collect hits
or something, but I actually haven't checked out quite a few of your MOCs
because of this.  Just a suggestion, disregard if you like.

I agree, and to add to the nit, when posting links, please put a http://
in front of the URL. It makes the URL clickable in Netscape (and Outlook
and probably other news readers). I often skip URLs without because I'm
too lazy to cut and paste, not to mention I have to paste the URL into
an existing browser window instead of right clicking the link and
choosing "open-new" window (since I am often multi-tasking, my existing
browser windows may be waiting for a slow Brickshelf picture or
something to download).

Frank